Monday 15th - Inter Departmental

 Starting off with Tim complaining the new brushes were leaving bristles where he was washing!


On my way over the footbridge to rake 1 in platform 2 I came across fellow volunteers scraping rust and loose paint off prior to repainting. They were brushing the fallen debris together so I did a quick vac with the Ghostbuster. I could also get in the narrow gap between the decking and the sides. Much appreciated by them and I was glad to help. 

View of a washed rake - everyone else was either inside still cleaning or washing the Cotswold side of rake 1 on platform 2. We had a mystery visit from VisitEngland recently and in their report they noted that the carriages were clean and tidy. Worth our hard work!


The team today consisted of John, Kath, Greg, Nigel, Phil, Paul, Mark, Tim and myself.

Before leaving 4270 was on the unloading road. Is it going on hols? We have another Deltic coming this week so perhaps this is a back load. As there are roadworks on the nearby roundabout and lots of builders vehicles all over the place from the new houses going up, there could be some interesting manoeuvres!

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Footbridge repainting at Toddington? I hope they use the proper GWR colours this time, as have been used at Broadway!

      Delete

Post a Comment