Tuesday 5th - A Select Few

The prospect of me barking orders on the Queen Mary instead of Dave today (who's on holiday in Cornwall) must have frightened everybody off, as we were a very select few today. Maurice took on one of the last surface prep jobs, cleaning up some more of the solebar:


While Paul was painting what he'd cleaned up last time on the other side:


Paul captured me doing the other cleanup job, there's a wooden rail that runs underneath the edge of the roof that hadn't been touched, lots of flaky paint needed scraping off then a good sand:


Bryan was in the workshop machining up the side lamp brackets:


My other job for today was to sort out the tops of the veranda sides. The main timbers we're building new as some of them were a little too far gone, but I decided the tops would be alright. 2 were fine and just needed a sand down, the other 2 needed a little gluing and clamping:


While looking for some clamps I thought we seemed to be missing quite a few, until I stumbled across a large collection in use in the paintshop:


Door 10 still causing problems on 34929 I guess!

Dave was also in working on his coach 24006, here stripping out some of the steam heat pipework:


And that was it! Back again tomorrow...

Comments