A few gala snaps

 I think Dave's combining a gala post with tomorrow's activities, so I'll just sneak in here with a few pictures I managed to take while on duty in what was an extraordinarily hectic weekend:








With my gala committee hat on I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone in C&W who made it possible, from opening the works on the day, being able to field 3 coaching sets and of course our goods train, which garnered a huge number of compliments over the weekend and really made the event. From an operations point of view it couldn't really have been a more challenging weekend, but we all got through it, passengers seemed to enjoy themselves, and hopefully all the volunteers did too - that is after all what it's all about! No indications of numbers yet, I was too shattered to enquire at booking offices Sunday evening, but we should have returned a tidy sum for the railway at the end of the season to help us through the winter.

Comments

  1. Some very fine pics Alex......am very glad it went well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment