Wednesday 9th - 'You do this .... I'll do that' etc ......

 As I walked in, everyone was chafing at the bit. We all know March 5th is getting very close and things have to be done.


Finding my way into the kitchen of 1672, Richard 1 is re-wiring .... now he did tell me what it was for but I failed to take it in. Nevertheless he was there all day.


Gerry and Rex were re-fitting the floor after a number  of steel sections had to be replaced. The finished job is perfect.


As I drifted back towards the paintshop, Ainsley indicated he was having trouble removing a door lock. These have a different security fastener which was not giving up without a fight, so Ainsley applied a screwdriver on one side and I used vice grips ... needless to say we won.


Meanwhile back in 1672, Richards 1&2 are fitting 2 new electric water heaters which will be adjacent to the sinks. In this photo Bryan and Rex are discussing the size, shape and fastening of a Stainless Steel mounting plate for each heater.


A request was made to have a shield to prevent scalds from the water urn. I made the shield and Gerry is just completing the mounting, It just needs a good polish and thats another job done.


Phil is taking a look at the on board generator on 1672, this provides power for all for the electrical installations and therefore gets lots of TLC.


John V. is nearing completion of our new oil bund cage, he had one question .... how are we going to move it, its very heavy. Anyone who is strong enough please be there next Wednesday.


With sizes decided, Rex starts to plasma cut the first Stainless panel for the water heaters.


While Bryan marks out the next piece, measure twice and cut once.


Being Wednesday we are always accompanied by the Carpenters ( not the singers ). Robert is using the bench sander for that perfect fit.


David is using what I think is a very big radial saw. If I am wrong its because I am not a Carpenter.


Colin is explaining the intricacies of making all of the bespoke pieces for the window surrounds on 16221.


Its the end of the day, and as we all do Geoff is cleaning up ready for the next working day.


I think I caught Trevor out here, total concentration on the pillar drill .


If you need cheering up, a visit to upholstery is needed as they always have a smile ready.


Stephen is working on the next one of a considerable number of seats for the future restoration of RBr 1675.


One last shot of Trevor fitting bespoke parts to yet another door re-build.

It was a very busy day, we try not to get in each others way and that includes me dodging about taking photos.

Comments

  1. Surely back in 1672 it should have been Charles II. Richards I and II were much earlier. ( sorry )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment