Saturday 19th - Doing lines

 With exactly 1 week to go on TSO 5042, it was reassuring to find us all on finishing off jobs. We cracked on with the black lining out, Michael having his first go at it and doing very well:


With Dave on the other side doing the same:


While I finished off the remainder of the lettering, captured by Dave:


Who was then distracted by Tony, one of our regular blog readers, who came in to donate a whole heap of towels and other bits and pieces, thank you Tony! Naturally he got the full tour from Dave.


Once I'd finished the lettering I joined in and zipped along to finish the bottom line on the Cotswold side, again captured by Dave, who insisted I include both pictures he'd taken of me!


While going along I did find evidence that, with all the coach ID lettering I've ben doing too, perhaps I'd had enough of that for a while...


Oops! Happily an easy fix that one.

Outside there was again a lot of shunting, mainly I think to finish off the maroon set, there being one more coach to add, and a few connection issues to sort out. The team discuss the first moves:


Unfortunately they didn't arrange the weather very well, it was pretty wet and by the time I ventured outside into the now bright afternoon, they'd finished:


There was lots of good progress on CK 16221 today. Simon and Steve here are feeding the condensation tubes through the corridor side of the coach:


Later on a real milestone as some substantial panelling started to go on:


Elsewhere Dave was cutting more insulation to size for the walls:


Dave and Robert were sanding more panelling:

 

And after shunting, Bob and Tony were bashing away on one of the compartment doors:


Meanwhile the door team were full steam ahead too, Ainsley on the belt sander adjusting a finger pull:


Robert marking out a panel, and Ben behind with the fiddly door locks:


The workshop area had the usual suspects, Phil was working on some pipework for the RBr I think, while Paul was fiddling around with some bolts for the Mink:


Later giving the door lintels a coat of dark grey undercoat:


John started off the day turning some pins for the corridor door stops:


He wa slater found underneath BCK 21092 in the barn, doing what exactly I'm not sure, I guess something to do with the pipework for the new heater:


As indeed was Ken:


It was just Jenny and Laura upstairs today, starting on the last batch of bubble car seats:


These are all that are left now apparently:


Comments

Post a Comment