Wednesday 4th - A lot of work for The Few

 Not everyone could make it today, but things got rapidly busy.


First one I found was Jeff painting lower corridor panels ( I think).


My first job was to change the gas cylinder, I knew it was empty so the last spare was used and then collection of two more arranged. Only one available at the suppliers, lets hope they replenish their stock very soon as 1675 is using a fair amount. We have the crash pillars to do yet, but that will be later in the year.


Thats four new floor bearers in and welded, Jeff volunteered to paint them ready for temporary floor boards ..... how could we refuse his offer?


With the bearers in place Gerry is now making replacement vertical sections, most are in poor condition. We are well on the way to creating a sort of cage with the side ribs attached to the floor and the floor attached to the chassis.


Back in the workshop 16221 is getting attention from Ainsley as it did last week. I think Ainsley went home in between last weeks and this weeks photos.


Geoff is concentrating here with the band saw.


Colin is measuring something here .... ah its a piece of wood!


David is putting a fine finish with the belt sander.


Trevor continues with carefully shaped sections for the doors on 16221.


Just two in upholstery today, adding that extra bit of comfort ready for you all when 1675 returns to the tracks.


A new computer and a lot of work for Eve today.


Moving around, as I do I bumped into Russ working on the Bubble Car, he looked quite surprised.


Dinmore going north, the clouds and steam are quite atmospheric I think.


Gerry caught me doing a final bit of welding for the day on 1675, we try not to add heat after a certain time due to fire risk after we have gone home. We always do a hot spot check before leaving.

Comments

  1. Every day now I get the message "429 too many requests" and have to clear browsing data then restart. Any idea what's causing this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that Gordon, does that only happen when you try and view this blog then? I doubt it's anything at my end specifically, but how do you access the C&W blog out of interest? Via email alerts, from the main GWSR website, a direct link from your bookmarks, or some other way?

      Delete
  2. My computer does the same and mine is from bookmarks.
    Regards, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, try deleting the bookmark and navigating to the blog some other way, then reinstating the bookmark.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment