Monday 29th - Normal Weather Has Been Resumed.

 Fortunately!

We are now well into holiday season, so I was a "floater" to fill in where needed. Rake 2, in platform 2, was off on a photo charter in the afternoon so myself and Kath went over there. Jane already inside doing windows. I started off with a Gtech and then moved on to tables. A short while after that Nick came over from rake 1 so I handed over to him and transferred to carriage washing - only David and Peter were on that team today. They had just finished so I helped put that hose away and we moved on to rake 1. The end connector was missing so we sourced parts form our store. Fitted but soon came off - fortunately the deluge missed me! Need to get a brand new fitting. So in the picture below you will see rake 1 with David, Peter, Chris and hiding behind him, Jane. Peter had been wearing his other hat of track walker earlier and joined us when that was completed.


After tea break I "floated" off with the spot mop to Charlotte/Abigail. 

Before


After


Busy elsewhere were John M, John S, Nick, Nigel, Roger C and Val.

With work on the P2 northern extension taking place the rake in P2 was unusually stabled on that platform.


Comments

  1. How do you lose a connector off a hose? Surely it must be near to where it was stored or on the route from where it was last used. Oh well. At least they are not expensive! The vestiblule in Charlotte/Abigail looks great, well done!
    Regards, Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was the question we asked! Other people also use the hose so maybe they had a problem.

      Delete
  2. Charlotte/Abigail has lost its shine as compared to the Blood & Custard (Crimson & Cream) coach beyond. Another coat of varnish possibly needed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment